1. What were you like in middle school and high school? I never got in trouble in school, but I was a lot of fun. To this day, I have old classmates telling me how I made them laugh a lot. Like all MS/HS students, I was awkward and felt like I didn’t fit in. My dad moved us from “Little Puerto Rico”, to a nice neighborhood in the ‘burbs when I was in the 7th grade. It was a complete culture shock, to be honest. Even though I grew up ten miles away, life was so different. Half of my class belonged in a Scared Straight program when I lived in Orange County. In the ‘burbs, I had a rude awakening. My new school was actually two years ahead of what I was being taught in the city. I was constantly angst out.
2. What were your favorite pastimes? I loved my neighborhood in the burbs. All of my neighbors were in my grade or went to the same school. We were always swimming at each other’s houses, playing Manhunt in the dark, or played in the creek. I had dinner with one of them in the Caribbean this past summer, and he said it best “We were like siblings. We played together, went to class together, and even kicked each other’s asses”. They were the only kids that “got” me.
3. What songs were you obsessed with?
4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? BUTTERFLY HAIR CLIPS
5. Who was your celeb crush? Jimmy Fallon……..I can’t make this stuff up.
6. What was your favorite movie? Welcome to the Dollhouse. I hope my little brother is reading this and singing “Welcome to the dawllll house! Welcome to the daaawwwwlll house!”