Thank you to Captain Morgan Rum for the partnership!
Happy National Rum Day! This Miami girl knows two things: how to be festive and RUM. I’m thrilled to share some of my favorite recipes with Captain Morgan Rum. Spoiler alert: Loco Coco and Miami Vice are my favorites!
Be sure to make these awesome recipes when you plan on being poolside or wishing you were in paradise. Either way, you’ll have a great time.
The Miami Vice
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut
1.5 oz. Coconut Water
0.75 oz. Captain Morgan White Rum
1.5 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
0.75 oz. Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water. Stir to combine.
2) Separately, combine Captain Morgan White Rum, strawberry daiquiri mix, and water. Stir to combine.
3) Fill a plastic freezie sleeve halfway up with strawberry daiquiri mixture. Top with LocoNut mixture and freeze overnight before serving.
1.5 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
4 oz. Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
1) Muddle mint and lime in the bottom of a tall glass.
2) Add ice, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and ginger ale.
3) Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel. Stir and serve.
Morgan Mule Gelatin Shots
6 oz. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
8.5 oz. ginger ale
1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
2 envelops of lime gelatin (approx. 5.5 teaspoons)
Loco & Coco
3 oz. Captain Morgan LocoNut
4 oz. Coconut Water
1) Combine Captain Morgan LocoNut and coconut water into a shaker with ice.
2) Shake and strain into a rocks glass with ice.